Significant advances have been recently made in the science of nano-carbon materials (nanotubes, graphene, nanodiamonds, fullerenes, nanoporous, cyclic nanotube rings (CPPs) and ribbons ...). These developments do not only pertain to fundamental/basic studies but have also yielded tremendous progress in the development of technological applications. Following the steady growth and maturity of the field of nano-carbon research, which now includes significant industrial contributions, it becomes increasingly important for these communities to assemble and focus on scientific challenges.
The presence of dopants and surface modification in the otherwise pure carbon materials opens the possibility of tuning their properties (electronic, optoelectronic...) and in some cases in a controlled way. In addition, other layered inorganic materials, such as boron nitride, WS 2 , MoS 2 ... are becoming increasingly important, due to properties absent in their pure carbon counterparts. This field of research is very dynamic and involves multidisciplinary areas ranging from chemistry, physics, materials science, and other prominent ones as biology and medicine due to the functional aspects of these nanomaterials. Thus, the impact of this field covers a significant number of potential applications as improved (bio)sensors, interconnectors (electronic), optoelectronic devices.
Following the success of the first event organized in 2013 (HeteroNanoCarb13, http://heteronanocarb.org/), HeteroNanoCarb15 will provide a unique forum for researchers, scientists, and engineers from different countries worldwide who are actively involved in the research on issues to disseminate their latest research results and development achievements. In addition to the exciting scientific and technological themes, the conference offers a platform to promote and encourage interaction among researchers for collaboration. To allow researchers from various stages of their career to take advantage of this event, the technical program will consist of a combination of invited, contributed oral, and poster presentations.
- Synthesis of pure and doped carbon-based nanomaterials (graphene, nanotubes, nanodiamonds, fullerenes,...) and heteroatomic ones (BN, WS 2 , MoS 2 ,...)
- Growth/formation mechanisms of these nanomaterials
- Advanced characterization/spectroscopic studies (Raman, EELS, TEM, XPS, STS & other technics)
- Spectroscopic (Raman, EELS, STS, IR) studies of these nano-objects
- Composite and hybrid carbon-based nanomaterials
- Nanoporous carbon materials (synthesis, applications,...)
- Transport, electronic, optoelectronic properties
- Mechanical, chemical and electromechanical properties of these nano-systems
- Functionalization, surface modification, and chemistry of nanomaterials
- Processing and Applications
- Multiscale modeling and computation in the above areas
International Advisory Committee
- Prof. Yury Gogotsi (Drexel University, USA)
- Dr. Dieter Gruen (Argonne National Laboratory, USA)
- Prof. Malcolm Heggie (University of Surrey, UK)
- Prof. Sumio Ijima (NEC Corporation, Ibaraki, Japan)
- Prof. Philippe Lambin (University of Namur, Belgium)
- Dr. Wolfgang Maser (ICB, CSIC, Spain)
- Dr. Marc Monthioux (CEMES, CNRS, Toulouse, France)
- Prof. Thomas Pichler (University of Vienna, Austria)
- Prof. C.N.R. Rao (Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, India)
- Dr. Jean-Loius Sauvajol (CNRS - U. Montpellier II, France)
- Prof. Reshef Tenne (Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel)
Call for participations
Abstract submission should be done through here.
* Abstracts files should be in .doc or .docx format
* A complete abstract example and guidelines could be downoladed here.
* Abstract deadline: 30th September 2015
* Contributed talks selection: 07th October 2015
* You have to be registered before abstract submission
- Abstract deadline: 30th September 2015
- Contributed talks selection: 07th October 2015
- Registration deadline: 30th October 2015
Registration fee information
The registration fee for this conference is 350 eur.
The registration fee can be paid in advance by bank transfer/credit card o on arrival in Benasque.
Pay by bank transfer
The registration fee must be paid to the account of the Centro de Ciencias de Benasque Pedro Pascual after your application has been accepted.
Ibercaja (account number): 2085 2310 3803 3004 4193
IBAN: ES44 2085 2310 3803 3004 4193
Remember that your registration is complete only after the payment is made.
* Please, send a confirmation by e-mail to email@example.com.
* Please pay all bank charges
* Include as a subject in the transfer '2015heteronanocarb Your_Surname'
* In the comments section include:
Full name of the conference and your name.
Pay by credit card
Credit card online payments here.
* All credit card payments have a 0.7% VAT charge
* You have to be registered.
* Please, pay after your application has been accepted.
A 30 euro charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 10 days before the conference start date.
A no refund policy will be applied to cancellations made after this date.