This building was designed by architect Isabel Pascual as a unique equipment, specially designed for high-level conferences. The total constructed area is about 1800 square meters. The building's design is intended to be exemplary in terms of energy saving measures.
- Biomass heating and low temperature underfloor zoned
- Six layers of insulation
- Openings facing south
- Natural channels airflow to avoid using air conditioning
- Domotic and optimized lighting control of presence and shutdown times
- Using regular light meter for light of certain spaces
- Special glazing to retain heat inside
- Solar Panels
Energy efficiency awards
The Center has received the following awards for excellent management in energy saving:
- Isover Saint-Govain Energy Efficiency award. Isover Awards will promote Europe's most innovative and creative projects respect to the implementation of energy efficiency criteria. Isover website
- The CCBPP has been quoted in the book "Casos prácticos de eficiencia energética en España" edited by Gas Natural. Case of study 7, pages 75- 80.
- The CCBPP has been quoted in the book "Premios endesa a la promoción inmobiliaria más sostenible 2010" edited by Endesa.