Scientific organizers proposing the organization of a session should:
- Select carefully the topic of the session on scientific grounds.
- Coordinate dates to avoid overlapping with relevant schools and workshops (Les Houches, Aspen, relevant annual meetings, ...).
- Contact and secure participation of key researchers in the field.
- Apply for grants (ESF, EU, NATO, university grants,...) in order to co-fund the session. Depending on availability of these extra funds, an allowance for every participant can be offered.
- Desk space and ubiquous blackboards.
- A computer room with 4 linux PCs, 3 Windows PC and 3 Macs and two heavy dutty printers.
- Wireless connection
- Auditorium for 150 people that can be divided in three independent seminar rooms.
- Secretariat: Fax, telephone, Xerox, scan.
- Web page support including automatic registration (which is required for all participants).
- Web handling of hotel and apartment reservations.
- Local support: system manager, secretariat.
The CCBPP offers the following help to scientific organizers: